Special Research Fund- Doctoral Scholarships: Every year, with support from its “Special Research Fund” (BOF funds), Ghent University assists promising young researchers by means of PhD grant open for candidates worldwide.
Duration of fellowships: 2 x 2 years.
How to Apply
- All candidates have to apply jointly with a promoter of the Ghent University.
- Before applying to the Special Research Fund (BOF) candidates are responsible for finding a Gent professor from Ghent University who is willing to act as the supervisor of their PhD research plan.
- This can be done by browsing through the list of faculties and research topics available on the research directory of university website(see the link below).
Requirements / Qualifications:
- This Special Research Fund is open to all nationalities.
- Both Belgian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
- This implies that the call is highly competitive.
- Applicants preferably belong at least to the top 15% best students of the group of fellow students who took exams for the same degree (on the bachelor and master level).
- The Research Council makes a selection of the applications.
- The recommendation is based on the evaluation of the qualifications of the applicant (study results), the project and the scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s).
Deadline: 27 April 2020
|Organization||Special Research Fund” (BOF funds), Ghent University|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines by the university|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Deadline||27 April 2020|