The Bridging Excellence Postdoc Program is a joint postdoctoral program between EMBL and the Stanford University School of Medicine. Ambitious early stage scientists propose high-impact, creative collaborations between at least one lab from the Stanford University School of Medicine and one lab from EMBL.
About the Fellowship:
- Successful postdoc will be awarded three-year fellowships from the EMBL | Stanford Life Science Alliance.
- Postdocs will be employed at EMBL for the duration of their fellowship and spend up to one year visiting their collaborators at Stanford University.
- Applications are open to all researchers, regardless of nationality, gender, or scientific background.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD within 5 years of the fellowship start date.
- Postdoctoral fellows and students who have been, or are currently employed at Stanford are eligible.
- Postdoctoral fellows who have been, or are currently employed at EMBL are eligible to apply, provided that acceptance of a 3 year fellowship does not exceed the maximum limit of employment as a postdoctoral fellow at EMBL (5 years).
- Applicants must be prepared to be internationally mobile, be driven to create research synergies, conduct high-impact science, and be excited by the prospect of being an ambassador for transatlantic science.
How to apply:
- Applicants must develop a proposal together with at least one EMBL Group/Team Leader and one Stanford University School of Medicine faculty member
- Proposals must describe a creative, high-impact collaboration that builds on the strengths of the two institutions. They must clearly indicate how the project will draw on the expertise or technology available in each lab, as well as their own skills.
- Upload completed application form and supervisor confirmation letter and submit your application via TalentLink.
- Referees must submit a letter of recommendation by 23rd of March 2020.
Note: Interviews will take place at EMBL in the week of May 4th 2020.
|Organization||EMBL & Stanford University School of Medicine|
|Country||Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, USA|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Up to €240,000 per fellowship|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||8th of March 2020|
- Total Jobs 26 Jobs
- Address Germany