CERN openlab Summer Students 2020 is dedicated to B.Sc. or M.Sc. student (who will have completed at least three years of full-time studies at university level by next spring) in Computer Science or Mathematics, Engineering or Physics with a strong computing profile.
Job Reference: SUM-OPENLAB-2020
Possible Dates to stay:
- 15 June
- 22 June
- 29 June
About the program:
- Openlab summer students will be given a series of IT lectures especially prepared for them by experts at CERN and other institutes.
- Students will have the opportunity to attend the CERN generic student programme lectures.
- Visits to the accelerators and experimental areas are part of the programme, as well as visits to external companies.
- A report on the work project carried out is to be handed in at the end of the stay.
- Applicant must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics
- Applicant must have completed, by summer 2018, at least three years of full-time studies at university level
- Applicant will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If applicant is expected to graduate during summer 2018, eligible to apply
- Applicant must not have worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User) for more than 3 months.
- Applicant must have good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage
- allowance of 90 CHF per day during the contractual dates
- Travel allowance (on a lump sum basis)
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby
- Health insurance scheme during the stay
- Duration: 9 weeks of stay – 40h/week
- CV (English or French)
- Motivation letter with an indication of the preferred area of work in the field of computing
- Proof of enrolment at a university for the current year
- Once the application is submitted, a confirmation e-mail will sent, which will contain a link to the CERN “Report on candidate” form.
- The link must be forwarded to at least one referee (preferably a professor).
|Fellowship Level||Summer fellowship|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics|
|Fellowship amount||90 CHF per day|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 January 2020|
- Total Jobs 25 Jobs
- Address Switzerland