Department of Mathematics at Imperial College London invites applications for 3 Chapman Fellowships in Mathematics
Duration: Fixed Term; 24 months
Starting date: 24 September 2018
Remunerations: £36,800 – £44,220 per annum
Tasks and responsibilities
- Teaching students at undergraduate level: this will be a mix of lecturing, academic tutoring, classwork demonstrating, personal tutoring and marking, on courses agreed with the Head of Section. About half a normal full teaching load will be expected.
- MSc teaching where appropriate.
- To contribute to the assurance and enhancement of the quality of teaching and learning and research within the Department, in line with College standards.
- Applicant must hold good honours degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics
- Applicant must hold PhD (or equivalent) in Mathematics or a closely related subject
- Applicant must demonstrate proven research ability in Mathematics (Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, Statistics or Mathematical Finance)
- Applicant must demonstrate potential for strong leadership qualities in the subject, as illustrated, for example, through showing initiative on research projects.
- Applicant must possess outstanding research record adequate with their level of experience as demonstrated.
- Applicant must be able to teach Mathematics at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
- Applicant must possess acceptable level of proficiency in written and verbal communication skills together with the ability to give effective presentations.
|Imperial College London
|£36,800 – £44,220 per annum
|11 December 2017