The University of Leicester, a world-class research-intensive university, is inviting applications for Postgraduate Scholarships. The scholarships are open for international students from eligible countries in Asia and Africa. These scholarships are available within one of the departments in College of Science and Engineering, starting at Leicester in September 2019. The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921.
Level of Study: postgraduate program
Host Institution: College of Science and Engineering, University of Leicester
- Mathematics and Physics and
Scholarship value: Successful applicant will receive tuition fee discount of 22% or 28%.
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship Location: UK
Nationality: Students from Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be classified as an international (non-EU) students for fee purposes.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee, excluding components for ‘with industry’ degrees.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department.
- If the candidate is awarded more than one scholarship, only the higher value award would be given
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2019.
- Even if the applicant currently has a conditional offer of a place at the University, he/she will need to fulfill any conditions stated on the offer letter.
- The scholarship is only available for campus-based courses.
- English language efficiency would be required which can be demonstrated in any one of the following ways:
- Education in English: the applicant must have attended secondary (high) school or university in a country approved by the University as teaching in the medium of English.
- IELTS: a minimum IELTS score as specified by the University
- Selected Indian degrees: An undergraduate degree from one of the universities listed on the India page.
- Other tests and qualifications: any test must have been taken within the past 2 years.
- 2 completed references (one must be academic) OR names and contact details of 2 people from whom we can request references (one must be an academic referee).
- Proof of English language competency (if the first language is not English)
- Academic qualifications and transcripts
- Personal statement/research proposal
How to Apply: There is no need to apply separately for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, they will be notified when final results are available.
Application Deadline: applications are open for the year 2019.
|Organization||College of Science and Engineering, University of Leicester|
|Subject Areas||Listed above|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above
|Eligibility||Open for Asian and African citizens|
- Name of Organisation Field Value