COVID-19 Call for Doctoral fellowships International students
The Call DOCTORATES for COVID-19 aims to support to development knowledge and skills needed to respond to the pandemic of the new corona virus SARS CoV2 and the Covid-19 disease, and to future pandemics, that may translate into efficient prevention measures, better healthcare and an effective support to citizens.
The Call will support applications in any scientific field that contribute to the following objectives:
- Epidemiology and risk factors for infection, and severe illness caused by the virus;
- Human-animal interaction, mechanisms of resistance and inter-species transmission of the virus, and the risk of pandemics;
- Prevention and preparedness strategies for new epidemics, including vaccines;
- Innovative approaches, including new methods and new technologies, for the disease diagnosis;
- Characterization of the viral infection mechanisms;
- Characterization of the host’s immune, cellular and serological, response to infection by the virus, impact of age and comorbidities;
- Development of new therapies and new therapeutic approaches, including life support and personal protection equipment to fight the disease;
- Effects of viral infection on maternal and newborn health;
- Psychological impact and behavioral changes associated with the pandemic.
Who Can Apply
In the Call DOCTORATES 4 COVID-19, PhD studentships will be awarded to fund the PhD student research activities that will grant the doctorate academic degree, framed within the scope of the Call, and that contribute to its objectives.
- Researchers of any nationality or stateless individuals may apply.
- Research activities may be carried out in any environment of production and dissemination of knowledge, national or international.
- The work plan may be entirely or partially carried out in a national institution (studentship in Portugal or both in Portugal and abroad studentship, respectively).
Applications with work plans carried out entirely in a foreign institution (“Abroad” studentship) are not eligible.
How and when to apply
The call for applications is open from April 8, 2020. Applications should be submitted online on myFCT portal. Only one proposal per applicant is allowed.
Before submitting your application, FCT recommends the careful reading of the following documents: Notice of the Call, Annex I of the Notice of the Call (Evaluation Guide), Application Guide, Research Fellowship Statute and Rewsearch Fellowship Holder Statute.
Deadlines and Important Dates
The Call is open from April 8, 2020 to 5:00 pm (Lisbon time) of May 14 2020.
Information related to the application procedure or application form may be required via email to email@example.com. This will be the only communication channel for questions related to filling in the application form.
To clarify any doubts about the creation and management of your CV, CIÊNCIAVITAE platform has a helpdesk available through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia|
|Fellowship Level||All levels|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 8, 2020|