The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science.
About the summer School:
- The event includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science, as well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories.
- The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas at CREATE DAV, which includes research on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics, virtual human modeling, serious games, natural language processing, human perception & cognition, visualization & design.
- The program accepts undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career a career in the big data science.
- The Summer School dates are May 19-22, 2020
Award value: covers transportation costs (up to $1,300 CAD), and provides on-campus accommodations and meals.
- Citizens of all countries are eligible.
- A senior (year 3, preferably) undergraduate students that have a background in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Psychology, and Data Visualization is eligible to apply.
- Applicants may be undergraduates, but anyone who is considering applying to a master’s or Ph.D. program can apply.
Apply online and the application package consists of the following:
- A completed online application form
- An academic reference letter, which should be sent by the referring individual directly to the CREATE DAV Program.
|Fellowship Level||Summer School|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Psychology|
|Fellowship amount||up to 1,300 CAD|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 9, 2020|