CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral research Fellowship Scheme
The scheme aims at facilitating their transition from mentored to independent research career. CSIR intends to offer one hundred (100) such fellowships every year to promising fresh PhD holders for working in CSIR laboratories with state-of-art R&D facilities.
- PhD degree holders within three years of award of PhD degree, or those who have submitted PhD theses.
- Applicants who are about to submit thesis are also eligible to apply, but, their selection will be subject to the condition that they would have submitted thesis before the expiry of the validity of the award offer.
- Applicants should have research publications in high impact factor SCI journals.
Though CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is open to Indian nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), a certain number (up to 20%) of fellowships may be offered to foreign nationals.
Maximum Age Limit: 32 years, relaxable upto 5 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/Physically handicapped and women candidates. Tenure: Two years and extendable for maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendation from the Director of the CSIR lab where working.
Remuneration: CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Indian Rs. 50,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs. 3.0 lakh per annum. 25% of the contingency grant can be used for domestic and international travel including per diem expenses.
Mode of selection:
Eligible candidates can apply in the prescribed format, available on the website: www.csirhrdg.res.in, any time of the year. However, the selections will be made twice a year, in the months of June and December. Applications received two months before the scheduled interview date will be considered for short listing and calling for interview.
Eligible candidates must route their applications through the sponsoring CSIR laboratory. Applications of the employed (Permanent/Temporary) candidates from outside CSIR system will only be considered provided that:
- Director of the sponsoring laboratory recommends the application, citing the reasons of mutually benefitting the research in the CSIR laboratory vis-à-vis the organization of the applicant where he/she is a permanent/temporary employee.
- Undertaking from organization where employed that Extraordinary Leave (EoL) without pay will be granted for the entire tenure of the CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, if selected. Selections to the “CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowships” will be made based on the presentation of the proposed research project followed by interview of short listed candidates by specially constituted Committees.
Applicants from abroad may also be considered in absentia, if eligible. Selection of foreign nationals will be subjected to clearance by ISTADS, CSIR. Accommodation and other benefits: Accommodation may be provided by CSIR laboratories if available. CSIR rules on leased accommodation are being reviewed in the light of “Sixth Pay Commission” recommendations and will be made applicable as and when approved. CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellows will be entitled for Medical benefits as per the CSIR rules for Research Associates.
Other relevant information:
- Candidates who have worked for their PhD from a particular CSIR laboratory will not be eligible for becoming a PDF in the same CSIR laboratory under this scheme.
- Appointing CSIR laboratory will bear 20% of the annual expenditure from its internal resources.
- 20% of the fellowship amount will be paid as lump sum at the end of completion of 1 st and 2nd year, respectively.
- Selected candidates are expected to join within four months of effective date of award. All other rules and regulations will be as applicable to CSIR Research Associates (can be seen at www.csirhrdg.res.in). Further, in all matters, the decision of CSIR shall be final. List of CSIR laboratories and their R&D activities can be seen at www.csir.res.in.
Where to apply
Applications duly filled in the prescribed format and complete in all respect should be sent to: Mr. S.A. Hasan, Principal Scientist Human Resource Development Group (HRDG), (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research) CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Tel : 011-25842534 “Application for CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship” should clearly be written on top of the envelope containing application form.
|Organization||Council of Scientific & Industrial Research) CSIR|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 43 Jobs
- Address India