DAAD/AICGS Research Fellowship: AICGS is accepting applications for the next round of DAAD fellowships.
The DAAD/AICGS Research Fellowship Program is funded by a generous grant from the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) organization.
It is designed to bring scholars and specialists working on Germany, Europe, and/or transatlantic relations to AICGS for research stays of 2 consecutive months each.
- Monthly stipend of up to $4,725,
- Transportation and office space at the Institute.
Project proposals should address a topic closely related to one or more of the Institute’s three research and programming areas:
- Business and Economics
- Foreign and Domestic Policy
- Society, Culture & Politics
Qualifications and Application Procedure
- Applicants must be German or American citizens or applicants affiliated with DAAD Centers for German & European Studies.
- Applicants should have completed or working on a PhD.
- Only in exceptional cases, fellowships will be awarded to applicants with MA, (withnot PhD degree).
- All application materials MUST be submitted in English.
To apply for fellowship program, please submit the following materials (combined in a single PDF file):
- A brief cover letter (please indicate your citizenship in the cover letter and how you have heard about the fellowship)
- A CV, with a list of publications (if relevant)
- A project proposal (5-7 pages, double-spaced) outlining in clear, concise terms the substantive thrust of the research and its relevance to the AICGS mission, and the reasons for carrying it out at AICGS and in Washington, DC
- 2 recent letters of reference
- Successful applicants must be proficient in the English language.
- We recommend that non- U.S. applicants submit the results of a recognized English language proficiency test (TOEFL or IELTS).
Application Deadlines: Varies
Please send your application via e-mail to:
Susanne Dieper, Director of Administration and Grants Management
|Level||Postdoc / Research Grants|
|Subject areas||Subjects studied under the orgnization|
|Deadline||15 January 2021|