The interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science.
About the program:
- The program is a multi-institution, multi-sector collaboration between York University (the lead institution), OCAD University, Concordia University and the University of Toronto, together with a number of leading Canadian high-tech companies in Toronto and Montreal focused on applications in cloud computing, digital cultures, health technology and smart cities.
- The program includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science, as well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories.
- The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas at CREATE DAV, which includes research on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics, virtual human modeling, serious games, natural language processing, human perception & cognition, visualization & design.
Subject areas: Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or Psychology
Value: covers transportation costs (up to $1,300 CAD), and provides on-campus accommodations and meals.
- The program is open to undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career a career in the big data science.
- The program is intended for the students who are planning to apply to graduate school in late 2019, and are interested in investigating interdisciplinary research aspects of the big data science.
- Citizens of all countries are eligible.
- Applicant must be senior (year 3, preferably) undergraduate student that has a background in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or Psychology.
- Most of the applicants are undergraduates, but anyone who is considering applying to a master’s or Ph.D. program can apply.
How to apply:
|Organization||York University, OCAD University, Concordia University, University of Toronto|
|Fellowship Level||Summer school|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Math, Engineering or Psychology|
|Fellowship amount||up to $1,300 CAD + accommodation|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 15, 2019|