The Department of Architecture (D-ARCH) and VELUX STIFTUNG at ETH Zurich are launching two postdoctoral positions for 18 months in researching daylight perspectives in sustainable urban and architectural Design. The first DAYLIGHT Fellow will start by January 2021 and the second Fellow by February 2022.
About the Project:
- The two “DAYLIGHT FELLOW” positions are a postdoc program for daylight and the built environment at the D-ARCH and a new initiative at ETH Zurich supported by VELUX STIFTUNG.
- The fellowship establishes an interdisciplinary knowledge incubator connecting international researchers in daylight and the built environment with the department’s ongoing leading research platforms established in the related field.
- The “DAYLIGHT FELLOW” program explores and develops a long-term basis for researching daylight perspectives into a more sustainable urban- and architectural design future.
- Candidates must hold a PhD in Architecture, Civil Engineering or in a related ﬁeld, with a focus on daylight research and applications.
- Applicant must have knowledge and experience in fields such as daylight engineering and simulation, light technology, lighting and photometry (use and application of modeling and simulation frameworks) in combination with fields of application such as urban studies, environmental sciences, cognitive science and psychology.
- Applicant must have passion for daylight, architectural and Urban Design, and the development of the built environment is allowing them to connect with the research groups at D-ARCH.
- Applicants must demonstrate their performance in conducting high-quality research by publications in refereed international peer-reviewed journals, independent book contributions and exhibitions.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is mandatory. German skills are welcome.
Apply online with the following documents:
- Research plan (English; maximum 2000 words)
- Letter of motivation
- CV and significant scientific achievements
- List of publications
- 3 work samples (text, project, etc.)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Diploma records
|Subject areas||Architecture, Civil Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 30th 2020|