The Delaware Environmental Institute (DENIN) opens applications from science, engineering and social science PhD students at the University of Delaware to apply for the DENIN Environmental Fellows Program.
The DENIN Environmental Fellows Program supports doctoral students carrying out environmentally relevant research at the University of Delaware.
|University of Delaware; Delaware Environmental Institute (DENIN)
|Science, Engineering, Social Science, Natural Sciences
|11 April 2016
About the Program:
The 2016 fellowships starts in September and will offer two years of support for up to five scholars to accomplish environmentally relevant research. The aim of the program is to help train students whose scientific research and interests reveal a clear link to societal needs and benefits. It is anticipated that DENIN Fellows will follow diverse careers across academia, the public and private sectors.
DENIN will give opportunities for networking with international scientists and scholars, as well as for professional improvement in areas such as effectively communicating science. Fellows will be given fair chance to propose new initiatives.
- PhD students at the University of Delaware (current or newly admitted) are eligible.
- Faculty advisors must be DENIN affiliates.
- Subjects: Natural Science, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences and Engineering
- Only one student per faculty research group will be considered.
Areas of interest:
- Climate change and sea level rise
- Land use and water quality
- Environmental remediation
- Environmental sensing.
- Application cover letter
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation (2)
How to Apply:
- Save your documents and make a single .pdf file.
- Ensure that all the documents are included in the file (cover letter etc.)
- Name your file using this according to the following rules: lastname_firstname_DENIN Fellow_Application.pdf
- Your documents can be sent via UD dropbox to Jeanette Miller, Asst Director, Delaware Environmental Institute.
- Send your application to Jeanette@udel.edu
- To send application through Drop Box, visit