The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing (LUCET) at the Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences for a Doctoral candidate in Psychology (m/f) (50016001 / R-AGR-3682-10-C).
Duration: 36 months fixed term contract (extendable up to 48 months if required)
Role and responsibilities:
- The doctoral candidate will conduct research on the feasibility and fairness of automatic item generation in mathematics under close guidance of a supervisory team including local and international experts.
- The candidate will have the chance to qualify for a PhD (cumulative; i.e., based on peer-reviewed publications) in Psychology.
- Contribute to and support the conceptual development of cognitive item models in mathematics
- Plan experimental studies
- Coordinate and support the (software) development of item generators
- Coordinate and support external partners in creating test material
- Apply new and innovative data-analytic strategies bridging the gap between cognitive psychology and psychological assessment
- (Co-)author peer-reviewed scientific publications and present research outcomes at international conferences
- Perform any other tasks within the framework of the position
- Applicant must hold excellent master’s degree (or equivalent) in Psychology (preferably related to one of the following areas: cognitive psychology, psychological assessment, mathematical abilities, cognitive load theory)
- Passion for psychological assessment and ability to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Good knowledge of quantitative research methods with IRT in particular
- Experience in implementing empirical studies
- Experience with or willingness to support computer scientists in software development is considered a big plus
- Very good oral and written competences in English (Luxembourgish, German, or French will be considered an advantage)
- Proactive personality who is able to structure and prioritize the workload
- Ability to quickly fit into a dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Upload complete application (letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas).
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|