The Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, with the University of Cologne’s Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences (CGS) and the University of Bonn’s Department of Law, invite outstanding candidates to apply for doctoral fellowships (f/m/d) in Economics and Law within the International Max Planck Research School on Behaviorally Smart Institutions (IMPRS BeSmart).
About the fellowship:
- In a joint project, the IMPRS BeSmart offers doctoral positions starting in October 2021. Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply with an interest in behavioral economics, law and economics, and interdisciplinary research questions.
- All PhD students will participate in the coursework offered by both the PhD Program in Economics within the Cologne Graduate School of Management, Economics and Social Sciences (CGS) and IMPRS BeSmart, starting in October 2021.
- The PhD Program in Economics (CGS) provides students with thorough, up-to-date knowledge of the theory, empirics, and econometric methodology of economics.
- Applicants for these joint positions are required to hold a Diploma, a Master’s Degree, or a State Exam with honors in relevant disciplines, or an equivalent degree.
- Applicants who want to graduate in economics will normally obtain their degree from the University of Cologne. They will be fully-fledged members of University of Cologne’s CGS, must collect 60 ECTS within the course program, and will be able to attain the CGS certificate alongside the IMPRS certificate.
- Applicants who wish to graduate in law will normally obtain their degree from the University of Bonn and must meet the obligations that come with their regulations. They must collect 60 ECTS within the course program of the PhD Program in Economics (CGS), but may opt for courses at Masters level, according to their personal prerequisites.
Apply online or via print-version. The application file should contain one single pdf-file containing the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (stating your research interests)
- University entrance qualifications
- Academic certificates and academic transcripts (degree certificate with final grade and academic transcripts showing courses and grades must be provided)
- GRE score report (recommended for applicants wanting to pursue a degree in Economics)
- TOEFL or IELTS test score if no proof of language proficiency in English is given by the CV
International Max Planck Research School on Behaviorally Smart Institutions (IMPRS BeSmart)
|Subject areas||Economics, Law|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March 2021|