The School of Engineering Sciences at KTH Royal Institute of Technology is inviting applications for a Doctoral student in Quantum/Energy Materials & Neutron Scattering.
About the project:
- The main project goal is to use neutron scattering techniques to study and understand the magnetic spin properties of a new family of honeycomb quantum materials.
- The materials also have potential applications in sustainable batteries, and depending on the candidate’s qualifications & scientific interests, it is possible to expand towards ion dynamics and/or theoretical modeling in collaboration with NORDITA.
- Project is conducted in collaboration with several renowned institutions and the main experimental work will be conducted at international research facilities.
- Supervision: The doctoral student will be supervised by: Prof Jonas Weissenrieder, Assoc. Prof Martin Månsson
- Applicant must have passed a degree at advanced level, completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
- Requirements for English equivalent to English B/6, read more here
- Experience in hands-on laboratory work
Apply online and applications must include the following elements:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why the candidate wants to pursue research studies, about what the academic interests are and how they relate to the previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copies of diplomas and grades from previous university studies and certificates of fulfilled language requirements (see above). Translations into English or Swedish if the original document is not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports.
- Recommendation letters/contact information, for at least 2 reference persons.
|Organization||KTH Royal Institute of Technology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|