The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is recruiting a Doctoral researcher (PhD student) in Economics. A specialisation is foreseen in Public Economics and Political Economy.
Duration: 36 months fixed-term contract.
Role and responsibilities:
- The doctoral researcher will be working within the Department of Economics and Management.
- The doctoral researcher is expected to contribute to research projects in the areas of Public Economic Theory and Political Economy.
- Particular interest in the impact of institutions (governments, international organizations, etc.) on policymaking – how they work, how they could be designed better, and how they influence economic policy – would be an asset
- The candidate’s main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Economics, under the supervision of Professor Vincent Anesi.
- The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a jointly-supervised with another university
- Contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Quantitative Economics and/or Finance
- Applicant must have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language, German in particular, will be considered an advantage
Apply online and must include the following:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable
- A transcript of concluded university studies
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 September 2020|