The Faculty of Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine at Lund University is seeking a driven doctoral student for work in the field of environmental epidemiology.
About the position:
- The position as PhD student is linked to an interdisciplinary research project on sustainable living environments funded by FORMAS 2020 – 2023.
- The project is a close collaboration between the research group EPI@LUND, which seeks answers to important social issues by combining modern epidemiological methodology with detailed population data, and CASE, – Center for Aging and Supportive Environments – which is an interdisciplinary centre for research on aging and aging, as well as researchers in landscape planning and architecture at SLU Alnarp.
- The employment is limited to 4 years full time with the desired date of entry on 1 May 2020 or by agreement.
- The planned research concerns how investments in accessible, safe and attractive public outdoor environments can promote public health and counteract socio-economic differences in health.
- Data collection, management of large amounts of data and statistical analysis. Study visits and some field work for educational purposes.
- Scientific discussions about the significance of the results with colleagues both inside and outside the research group.
- Scientific writing.
- Presentation of scientific results at seminars and conferences, both nationally and internationally.
- The basic qualifications for postgraduate education have those who have: completed a degree at an advanced level, completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits are obtained at the advanced level, or in some other way acquired in the country or abroad, substantially equivalent knowledge.
- Sufficient knowledge (equivalent to 60 credits) in epidemiology, public health science, landscape architecture, environmental psychology or other related subject area in the medical sciences is required for relevance to the research project.
Apply online and the application must contain a personal letter describing how he/she will fulfill the required qualifications, a CV and a diploma.
|Subject areas||Epidemiology, Public Health Science, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Psychology, medical sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|