The Department of French, Hispanic and Italian Studies at University of British Columbia (UBC) is looking to fund a PhD student in 17th- or 18th-Century French Studies through the Dorothy Dallas Scholarship, to start in September 2021 or January 2022.
About the scholarship:
- The Dorothy Dallas Scholarship is available for graduate students in 17th- or 18th-Century French Literature and Culture.
- The graduate program in French Studies delves into the languages, literatures, and cultures of Québec, France, and the Francophone world in an environment that celebrates intellectual curiosity and freedom of inquiry.
- Doctoral students must satisfactorily complete course work, doctoral examinations, a PhD proposal, and write and defend a dissertation.
- Funding packages start at $22,000 per year for four years.
- A Teaching Assistantship is offered to all PhD students for five years.
- 17th-Century French Literature and Culture
- 18th-Century French Literature and Culture
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Literature and literary studies|
|Fellowship amount||$22,000 per year|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree in relevant subject|