DTIC PhD Fellowships are considered as Predoctoral Research Contracts (PRC), due to the approval of the Spanish law 14/2011 on Science, Technology and Innovation. Universitat Pompeu Fabra invites application for the DTIC fellowships, which are meant for at exceptional predoctoral researchers in the DTIC’s research areas. The fellowship provides a recognized first step into a research career.
University recommends that before applying, each candidate identifies one or several DTIC research supervisor with whom he/she would like to work and contact them. Support from a potential research supervisor is very important during the fellowship selection process (and to get admitted to the PhD program, too).
- Computation and Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence and Theoretical Computer Science
- Natural Language Processing
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining
- Cognitive Multimedia Technologies
- Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Image Processing for Enhanced Cinematography
- Sound and Music Computing
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Graphics and Educational Technologies
- Network Technologies and Strategies
- Wireless Communications
- Information Theory and Coding
- Computational Neuroscience
- Instrumentation and Biomedical Electronics
- Computational Imaging and Computational Physiology
- Analysis of Biomedical Data and Non-Linear Signal Analysis
Duration: Maximum 4 years; renewed yearly
Stipend: minimum gross monthly salary of 986,76€.
- Applicant must have submitted a PhD application.
- Only candidates accepted to the PhD program are eligible a fellowship (PRC). Hence, every fellowship application should be paired up with an admissions application into the PhD program.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject
Types of fellowship (PRC):
- Teaching PRC includes a teaching assistance load of 60 hours per academic year.
- Teaching-Project PRC includes a teaching assistance load of 40 hours per academic year plus some tasks related to the funded project the PhD candidate joins.
- Project PRC includes tasks linked to the funded project the PhD candidate joins.
- First PhD application period: January, 15th, 2019 (Resolution)
- Second PhD application period: March, 5th, 2019
- Third PhD application period: April, 19th, 2019
- Fourth PhD application period: June, 1st, 2019
- Fifth PhD application period: September, 14th, 2019
|Organization||Universitat Pompeu Fabra|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|