Assistant Professor in Extractive Metallurgy at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto. The department invites applications for a tenure stream appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The appointment will commence July 1, 2016.
|Organization||University of Toronto|
|Fellowship Level||Faculty position|
|Subject areas||Materials Science and Engineering|
|Deadline||Open until filled|
Requirements / Qualification:
- The successful candidate will show leadership, innovation and excellence in research and teaching in one of the following areas: Synthesis and Characterization of Advanced Materials (e.g. battery materials, catalysts, alloys, composites, etc.); or Process and Extractive Metallurgy.
- A PhD or equivalent in Metallurgy, Materials Science and Engineering, or a related field,
- internationally competitive calibre, good publication in leading journals in the field, presentations at significant conferences, and strong endorsements by referees.
- Experience in teaching
Key dates: Applications will be accepted until the job is filled. Applications will begin to be considered after February 29, 2016. You must submit your application online by clicking on the link below.
Application Procedure: Please ensure that you include the following –
- a current CV,
- statement of your specific teaching and research interests, and
- the names of three persons able to provide references in support of your application.
All applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the application process, please see the submission guidelines at http://uoft.me/how-to-apply.
Applicants should also arrange to have three letters of reference sent directly by email (on letterhead, signed and scanned) to the department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last date: Applications will be accepted until the job is filled
For more information about our department, please visit our home page at www.mse.utoronto.ca. All inquiries about the position should be directed to email@example.com .