Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI): 03 Scientist/Postdoc positions
Position 1: Postdoctoral Position in Single Cell Molecular Analysis of Neuronal Circuits
About the position:
- A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the laboratory of Dr. Andreas Lüthi at the FMI (Basel, Switzerland) to explore the cellular and molecular organisation of neuronal circuits underlying associative learning in the amygdala.
- Candidate must be a highly motivated individual with a strong background in molecular/cellular neuroscience or related fields.
- Expertise in modern molecular biology techniques such as single cell RNA sequencing, in situ sequencing or quantitative in situ hybridization, and related bioinformatic skills are highly desirable.
- Previous experience in calcium imaging or electrophysiology in neural circuits, mouse behavioural training and stereotaxic surgery will be considered an advantage, but not a must.
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds who are eager to learn these techniques are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, and the ability to work independently in a collaborative team are expected.
Interested applicants should send a CV, the names/contact details of two references, and a cover letter detailing research experience, expertise, and reasons for interest in the position. Please submit all documents electronically to Andreas Lüthi (email@example.com).
Position 2: Support Scientist in the Friedrich Lab
About the position:
- The Friedrich group at FMI is seeking a scientist to support and advance non-standard experimental applications and data analysis procedures in neuroscience. We analyze neuronal computations underlying higher brain functions using zebrafish as a model system.
- The successful candidate will interact well with members of our group and push the envelope of techniques to support different projects.
- A strong background is expected in at least one of the following areas: Optical engineering; Advanced analysis of neural data and programming; Machine learning approaches and data processing for connectomics; Design and control of custom laboratory instruments.
- Candidate may hold an advanced degree in science (e.g., PhD) but this is not a strict requirement. The position is initially for a fixed term but may become permanent thereafter.
Position 3: Postdoctoral Position: Motor Circuit Function
About the project: A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Silvia Arber to study the function of brainstem neurons in motor behaviors.
Requirements: The successful candidate should be highly motivated to contribute to our efforts to understand the function of the motor system. He/she should have a background in applying in vivo methods to neuronal circuit function and is expected to take a leading role in in vivo electrophysiology and/or 2-photon imaging experiments (data acquisition and analysis), aligned with recording behavior. Prior work on motor system function is not a must. Background in programming and knowledge in hardware required for data acquisition is a plus. In addition, we expect excellent communication and organization skills, and the ability to work as a team member.
Applications: email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a CV and motivation letter, as well as names and email addresses for at least two referees who are well familiar with past work achieved by the candidate. Informal questions about the position can be directed to the same email address.
|Organization||Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
- Name of Organisation Field Value