Fritz Thyssen Foundation Stipends are supporting highly qualified individual junior scholars that have PhD degrees in a research project over a limited period of time. They are to be offered the opportunity to fully concentrate on the research project they have selected with the help of a postdoc stipend.
Subject areas for which Fritz Thyssen Foundation Stipends can be availed:
- History, Language and Culture
- The interdisciplinary field “Image and Imagery”
- State, Economy & Society
- International Relations
- Natural Sciences
Eligibility, Information & Conditions:
- To apply for a research stipend, the PhD degree procedure must have been done with the defense of or doctoral viva; preliminary degree certificate is to be submitted.
- Applicant must not have received their PhD degree more than one or two years previously.
- Project should be planned for a period of one to two years.
- Stipend must be connected with a scholarly project that is independent of any outside influence and be based on individual initiative and be carried out at a school of higher learning or at a non-profit research facility.
- Stipends are not awarded for doctoral dissertations or postdoc research or to complete such works to follow up support through other institutions; nor can stipends be used to support students at the bachelor’s or master’s level.
- Generally, applications that have been rejected by the Foundation are not revised.
- Application form; to be signed in the original
- Detailed explanation of the research project: topic, present state of research, initial work done including a list of the publications, planned procedure, theories and methods, time schedule and work plan (around 10 to 15 pages)
- Bibliography on the topic
- Statement that application of this or a similar kind is not under consideration anywhere, nor has any such application been submitted to any other organization.
- Informal verification that it is possible for the applicant to work at the planned research site by the planned supervisor
- If applicable, detailed budget for planned stays abroad
- The application documents are to be sent as single copies (unstapled and unbound) by postal service. Applications may be submitted in German or in English.
|Organization||Fritz Thyssen Foundation|
|Subject areas||Read above|
|Fellowship amount||€ 1,800/month|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
For Further Details: Click