GERDA HENKEL FELLOWSHIP: Call for applications for the academic year 2019/2020
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) is pleased to announce a Call for Applications for recently opened GERDA HENKEL Fellowship for fundamental research in the areas of social sciences and humanities. The five-months in-residence fellowships are granted under the agenda of the CAS Advanced Academia programme and supports PhD holders from following countries:
Afghanistan, Belarus, China (only Tibet and Xinjiang Autonomous Regions),Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 750 euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses.
- Lodging in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space.
- Travel from home country to Sofia and back including visa and insurance costs not more than 850 Euro;
- Research field trip abroad during the fellowship period – up to1500 Euros (a one-time allowance);
- Research expenses (100 euro per month).
Duration: Applicants may apply for two periods:
- Summer semester: 1 March 2018- 31 July 2018
- Winter semester: 1 October 2017 – 28 February 2018
Please, mention in the application form whether you prefer one or either period.
- Be residents of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Belarus, China (permanent residence in Tibet or Xinjiang Autonomous Regions), Kasakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.;
- hold a PhD degree in the fields of humanities and social sciences;
- Have prior international research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed journals are strong advantages;
- Preference will be given to candidates below age of 45.
As an international academic institution CAS, its working language is English which is also the language of the presentations of research results. Therefore, a good command of English is highly preferred.
|Subject areas||Humanities and social Sciences|
|Deadline||31 March 2019|
Download following files by clicking the link:
- Application Form
- Reference Form
- Application Checklist
Please carefully consider these documents when preparing your application.
Two letters of recommendation by researchers acquainted with the applicant’s academic work should be emailed to CAS by the referees.
Extensions to this period may be possible in case of eligible career breaks which must be properly proved (maternity leave, long-term illness leave, national service).
All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail to email@example.com with a subject line “Advanced Academia Fellowships”
Mr. Dimiter Dimov,
Centre for Advanced Study Sofia;
Sofia 1000, 7-B, Stefan Karadja Str,
tel.: + 359 2 9803704 / fax: + 359 2 9803662