The Hermann Paul School of Linguistics at University of Basel is offering one scholarship for a PhD candidate. The position will be starting between August 1st and September 1st 2020.
About the scholarship:
- The graduate programme is internationally recognized and presents inter-university collaboration.
- The selected PhD candidate will be part of a lively and active research community located in the upper Rhine region.
- Funding rates for the scholarships at the University of Basel are in line with regulations of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF).
- Scholarships are granted for one year and may be subject to an extension of up to two years with successful project development.
- The PhD can be done in the following subjects: English Linguistics, French Linguistics, General Linguistics, German Linguistics, Ibero-Romance Linguistics, Italian Linguistics.
- Applicant must hold good to excellent degree (MA or equivalent; minimum MA mark: a 5 out of 6 in the Swiss system) in the field of language sciences.
Application to be submitted electronically. It should include:
- A letter of motivation
- An informative outline of research interests and PhD project
- Copies of educational certificates
- A writing sample (seminar paper or master thesis in linguistics)
- One written reference by a professor, a junior professor or another member of university staff with the right to supervise a PhD, and the name and contact information of one other professor willing to comment on expertise and potential in linguistics.
- A hard copy of the reference needs to be sent to us by the referee (Address: Dr. Philipp Dankel, HPSL Basel, c/o Englisches Seminar, Nadelberg 6, CH-4051 Basel)
- Confirmations of internships, language proficiency and conference participation (if available)
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 1st, 2020|