Humboldt research Fellowships are meant for postdoc researchers above average qualifications from all over the world. Applicant has a right to choose their own topic of research and their academic host.
Duration of fellowship: 6 to 24 months in Germany.
- Applicant must hold PhD or comparable academic degree completed less than 4 years prior to the date of application.
- Applicants who have almost completed their PhD degrees may also apply provided that they submit the script of the dissertation or publications containing the results of their dissertation.
- Applicant must give confirmation that research services are available and agreement with supervisor and a detailed expert’s report by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
- Recommendation from PhD mentor and one other academic qualified person to give well-founded comments on the applicant’s eligibility, preferably including a reviewer not working at the applicant’s own institute.
- Language skills: applicants (humanities or social sciences and physicians) must have a good knowledge of German (if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully); a good proficiency in English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
- Applicant may not have spent an extended period in Germany prior to application.
- Prospective applicants who have been in Germany for more than 6 months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
- 2,650 EUR/month
- mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance
|Organization||Alexander von Humboldt Foundation|
|Subject areas||Any discipline|
|Fellowship amount||2,650 EUR/month|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||Apply any time of the year|
- Name of Organisation Field Value