Humboldt Research Fellowship is offered to International Experienced Researchers with above-average qualifications, completed Ph.D. less than 12 years ago, already have their own research profile, and are working at least at the level of Asst. Prof. or Junior Research Group Leader or have a record of several years of independent academic work.
Duration: recipient can have long-term research (6-18 months) in Germany; fellowship can be divided up into as many as three stays within three years.
Number of fellowships: approximately 500 Humboldt Research Fellowships for postdoc researchers and experienced researchers every year
- Fellowship is open to Scientists and scholars from all countries and all disciplines
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than 12 years prior to the date of application.
- Applicants’ own research profile must be documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- Applicant must provide confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s report by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
- Applicant must provide 2 expert reviews from important collaborative partners and/or academics from their own institute and (if possible) from abroad.
- Language skills: proficient in English but scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German (if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully)
- Applications may be submitted to the Humboldt Foundation online at any time.
- The selection committee meets thrice a year, in March, July, and November.
|Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung/Foundation
|Open to all nationalities