The Department of State (U.S.) & IREX declare an open competition for a program that is meant for exceptional secondary level school teachers to the U.S. for a professional growth opportunity.
The International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP) provides international teachers with distinctive opportunities to develop proficiency in their subject areas. Improve their teaching skills and boost their knowledge about the US.
Curriculum of ILEP
- One Semester long non degree, non credit scholastic program at a U.S. university.
- There will be seminars on novel teaching methods, syllabus development, lesson preparation, teaching strategies, and instructional tools training.
- Fellows will work in groups to expand a unique teacher certified development module.
- Fellows will also review two courses in the host university’s School or Department of Education and contribute in a field experience in a U.S. secondary school close to the host university. During this review participants will work intimately with U.S. teachers and teach and present to U.S. students.
- All participants will be given a technology grant and instructional technology guidance. Cultural enhancement, mentoring & support will be provided all through the program.
- ILEP will begin in January 2017 and will be wrapped up in May 2017.
|Organization||US-India Educational Foundation|
|Eligibility||Bachelors with B.Ed, Indian Citizen|
|Deadline||01 March 2018|
- Full time school teachers (6th-12th class) in a school that serves a primarily local population.
- Experience: 5 or more years in ILEP teaching disciplines (English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Social Sciences, Mathematics, Science, or Special Education.
- Citizens and residents in India.
- Bachelor’s degree with a teacher training degree (B.Ed).
- Present in India at the time of submitting the application and for the interview.
- TOEFL (min. 500 on paper based and 61 on an internet based).
- Exhibit an assurance to continue teaching after completion of the program.
IREX reserves the right to authenticate all of the information incorporated in the application. In case there is an inconsistency or information is found to be false, the application will straight away be declared invalid and the applicant ineligible.
- Total Jobs 3 Jobs
- Address United States