Postdoctoral Fellowships on Innovative Methods and Metrics for Agriculture and Nutrition Actions (IMMANA): The Friedman School of Nutrition at Tufts University and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine announces the 3rd of round of Post-Doctoral Fellowships. The fellowships are funded with UK aid from the UK government through the Department for International Development (DFID).
Number of fellowships: 06
Duration: 12-month post-doctoral fellowships
- Applicant must have completed a doctoral degree (PhD, DPhil, DPH, MD, DVM or similar terminal degree) in any field related to agriculture, nutrition or health research and practice, and are seeking a career in research, education, and engagement at the intersection of two or more of these fields.
- Applicant must not have more than 3 years of postdoc experience prior to their proposed Fellowship start date.
- Applications are invites from all over the world, however, applications from women citizens of LMIC (low- and middle-income countries) countries are particularly encouraged.
- Applicants must propose to conduct fieldwork or other research under the joint supervision of two mentors, one from the applicant’s current or previous employer or academic institution, and one from a host institution where the applicant proposes to advance their work.
- At least one of the two mentors must be physically located in Africa or Asia. The two mentors need not have equal roles in the project, but having both be involved should help accelerate research and sharing of ideas between the Fellow’s home and host environments.
Applications are submitted in a 2 stage process.
- Submit a concept note to confirm eligibility and receive valuable feedback. Concept notes should be submitted as soon as possible, and will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- MMANA Fellows must then begin their 12-month projects between the dates of 1 June and 1 December 2020.
|Organization||Department for International Development (DFID), UK government|
|Subject areas||Agriculture, Nutrition, Health|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|