Institut Pasteur announces INCEPTION Annual Call for New Junior Group Leaders. The Institute has launched an international call for junior candidates wishing to establish new independent research groups in the cutting edge interdisciplinary environment of its campus in Paris, France.
Theme: topics associated with the INstitut Convergence entitled “Emergence of Pathologies Through Individuals and populatiONs” (INCEPTION program).
- Sequence analysis
- Machine learning
- Data management and analysis
- Systems biology
- Precision medicine
- Applicant must demonstrate significant achievements in bioinformatics/biostatistics/biomathematics
- Applicant must have broad experience in methodological development and data analysis
- Applicant must produce relevant publication record of cutting-edge research as senior/first author,
- Applicant must have demonstrated ability to collaborate with experimental and computational biologists.
Duration: This group will be created for a period of five years. Thereafter, the group may compete for full research group status.
- highly attractive package matching the experience of the successful candidate will be provided, including salaries (principal investigator, permanent bioinformatician/biostatistician, post-doctoral fellowships),
- substantial contribution to equipment and computing facilities
- annual running costs
- support for relocation expenses
- Applications to be submitted online and must include the following:
- A web form summarizing the application.
- A complete application file uploaded as a single PDF file comprising:
- An introductory letter of motivation (1-2 pages), including the name of the proposed group.
- CV and a full publication list.
- A description of past and present research activities (up to 6 pages with 1.5 spacing, Times 11 font size).
- The proposed research project (up to 6 pages) highlighting how it would fit into the defined themes of the Inception program, and how it would respond to interdisciplinary challenges of that program.
- 3 letters of recommendation can be sought, together with the names of scientists with a potential conflict of interest from whom evaluations should not be requested.
Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biomathematics, Computational Biology
|Open to all nationalities
|January 14, 2018