Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) is recruiting one position as a Scientist or Technical Scientist (DKS-003) in Information Engineering Program (IEP).
About the position:
- Successful applicants will perform research and development (R&D) to elucidate causal relationships in ocean/marine systems, such as the relationship between the physical environment and marine ecosystem.
- The applicants will also develop “4D virtual Earth” content to provide information regarding social demands based on identified causal relationships.
- Physical Oceanography
- Biogeochemical Oceanography
- Marine Ecology
- Fisheries Oceanography
- Information Science
- The successful applicant must have completed a Ph.D. and have a strong enough record to be a scientist in a closely related research field OR must have completed a PhD and have a strong enough record to be a technical scientist in a closely related research field.
- Persons of any nationality and either gender are encouraged to apply.
Duration: April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2025.
- A CV (1 copy). A valid email and home address must be provided. Contact information for two references.
- A summary of your research (1 copy, 1 page)
- Your research plan at JAMSTEC (1 copy, 1 page)
- Publication (achievement) list including thesis titles (1 copy)
- A list of competitive research funds awarded to the applicant (1 copy)
- DOI codes of two (or fewer) representative publications. (1 copy)
- 2 letters of recommendation from two senior research scientists (1 letter from each). The person providing the recommendation should email to JAMSTEC directly with a signed letter as an attached file in PDF format.
- Include the applicant’s name in the subject line. A letter of recommendation written by a JAMSTEC employee or a JAMSTEC visiting scientist will not be accepted.
|Organization||Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)|
Physical Oceanography, Biogeochemical Oceanography, Marine Ecology, Fisheries Oceanography, Information Science
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 8, 2019|