Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) is among Top 9 (C9) in China in 2009. For international students out of China only who want to study master or PhD degree can apply for Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) Independent Recruitment Program with limited quota.
Candidates should post their application materials in time to the College of International Education (hereinafter referred to as CIE) of Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) from September 20 to December 31, 2018.
Note: The date of receiving paper materials will be regarded as the date of application.
- Educational background required and age limit:
- Candidates must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Details of the Scholarship
- Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
- Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
How to apply?
The candidates need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- Application Form of Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Those who are available for online application of China Scholarship Council shall fill in and print the application form (in duplicate) after submitting online.
The CSC Online Application System is available at:
http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ Choose type B (HIT university code is 10213)
- Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized documentin English or Chinese).
Note: If candidates are university students, they should provide original notarized pre graduation certificate in English or Chinese.
- Notarization must be carried out through formal institution, the signature or seal from school or working unit does not have the effect of notarization.
- A study or research plan (no less than 800 words in English or Chinese). The format can be downloaded from official website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17.
- Transcripts (It is not required to be notarized, but must be signed and sealed by school. The transcripts in other languages must be translated in English or Chinese with notarization).
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Candidates should post the paper application materials with the copy of remittance receipt. Whether admitted or not, paper materials and material assessment fee is non-refundable.
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
- Language proficiency certificate ( not a must): Applicants are encouraged to enclose the HSK, IELTS or TOEFL report (valid for two years)to the application materials if they have.
- Acceptance letter( not a must): Applicants are encouraged to contact the professors prior to application and enclose the acceptance letter from supervisors of HIT.
- Applicants who fail to register before September 30, 2019 will be regarded as giving up the scholarship.
Selection of Specialty
- Please visit CIE website at :For more details .
- ZHAO Lin (English): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
- PIAO Yuejin (Korean): Tel: +86-451-86412647 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LI Dongmei (English): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail:email@example.com
SHAO Wei(Mongolia, Japan): Tel: +86-451-86412647 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LIU Wei (Russian): Tel: +86-451-86402455E-mail:email@example.com
Add: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin(150001), China
Please mark clearly “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope.
The CIE will keep the explanation authority for this brochure.
Acceptance Letter: download for Acceptance Letter >
Physical Exam From: download for Physical Exam From >
Study Plan: download for Study Plan >