The Government of Ireland international scholarships will be awarded to high calibre students from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for a period of one year.
Number of Scholarships: 60 scholarships
- €10,000 for one study year
Study areas: Scholarships are available for study across all disciplines, subject to the availability of places.
- Applicant must possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills;
- Applicant must be active in Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports);
- Applicant must possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
Submission of Applications
Apply online via the centralized application system and application must include the following:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate profile).
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate: the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar; to themselves (personally and professionally), to Ireland, as well as their country of origin. (15 marks);
- how they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximize their academic/cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks);
- the extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as Scholars and also after as Alumni (15 marks)
- Two references (15 marks)
|Organization||Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||27th March 2020|