James Watt Scholarships: The School of Management and Languages (SML) is offering three wholly funded James Watt Scholarships to begin in the academic year 2016-17.
The scholarships term is three years. Successful students will be likely to make a involvement to activities in the institute in return for a fee-waiver.
|Institute/ University||Heriot Watt University|
|Fellowship Level||Postgraduate Research|
|Subject areas||Economics, Management, Language|
- All applicants must have or expect to have a 1stclass MChem, MPhys, MSci, MEng or equivalent degree by Autumn 2018.
- Selection will be based on academic excellence and research potential, and all short-listed applicants will be interviewed (in person or by Skype).
- DTP’s are only open to UK/EU applicants.
Benefit / Award
- For James Watt Scholarship students, the annual stipend will be £15k and full fees will be paid for 3 years.
- For Start-up Scholarships, the annual stipend will be approx. £14,553 and full fees will be paid for 3 years.
- DTP Scholarship students, the annual stipend will be approx. £14,553 and full fees will be paid, for 3.5 years.
- If a project does not specify, it is potentially eligible for both a DTP or James Watt Scholarship.
Requirements for Application: Supporting documents to be submitted with application are listed below:
- Transcripts and Certificates
- Letters of Recommendation
- Research proposal
- English Language skill