Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung/Foundation provides JSPS Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers. Applicant must be highly-qualified post-doctoral researcher from Germany and completed PhD no longer than 6 years prior to 1 April of the respective budget year (1 April to 31 March).
A Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Research Fellowship aims at providing opportunities for researchers to pursue collaborative research with an academic host at Japanese universities or research institutes.
Number of fellowships: Up to 600 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships are granted in a year.
JSPS offers two different funding lines for a stay in Japan:
JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships (short-term):
- provide support for PhD and post-doctoral researchers of all disciplines;
- duration: 1 to 12 months working on research in Japan
- Applicants holding PhD, completed in the last 6 years (key date: 1 April of the respective budget year) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants nearing completions of PhD degrees are eligible to apply provided that they submit the manuscript of their dissertation or publications containing the results of their dissertation.
- Applicant must have academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- Applicant must provide confirmation that research facilities are available and a detailed expert’s report from an academic host at a university or non-university research institution in Japan.
- Applicant must possess good English skills; Japanese skills are not generally required.
- Applicants applying in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of Japanese if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully.
- Applications may be submitted to the Humboldt Foundation online at any time.
- Selection committee meetings take place three times a year, in February, June and October.
- Reviewing the applications takes four to seven months.
|Organization||Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung/Foundation|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
- Name of Organisation Field Value