KU Leuven IRO Doctoral Grants for Students from Developing Countries in Belgium by the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (IRO)
The IRO Doctoral Scholarships Program is organized and managed by IRO, the University’s Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (Interfacultaire Raad voor Ontwikkelingssamenwerking).
This programme is intended for the student to do his or her whole research at KU Leuven; therefore, any other type of agreement / program (e.g. Sandwich programs, etc) are not envisioned. Women are encouraged to apply for the doctoral scholarship under this scheme.
General Eligibility Conditions:
- The applicant must be a citizen of one Developed Countries(Listed under the Program)
- The applicant should not possess a citizenship from an EU country.
- A master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to October 1st, 2017 (including the ongoing calendar year).
- The candidate must demonstrate a development-oriented motivation.
- The candidate must be supported by good recommendations from his/her referees.
Eligible group: Citizens of Developing Countries.
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Science, Engineering and Technology
- Biomedical Sciences
Number of Awards : Not specified.
Duration: 48 months (4 years
The scholarship offers a
- Monthly allowance,
- Housing allowance,
- Waived tuition fee,
- Health insurance,
- Accident insurance,
- Return tickets and other allowances
Method of Application: Applications are made online.
|Organization||KU Leuven: Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (IRO)|
|Subject areas||Soc. sci, Humanities, Sci., Eng., Tech., Biomed Sci.|
|Fellowship||As per norms|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
|Deadline||April and Novenmber yearly|