Max Plank Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ) invites applications for 2 Postdoctoral positions in Bioinformatics at the Department of Plant-Microbe Interactions.
About the position:
- Selected candidates will be expected to develop and apply computational tools for the analysis of high-throughput sequencing amplicon, (meta)genome and (meta)transcriptome data.
- Selected candidates are expected to interact closely with computer scientists and experimental biologists and employ computational approaches to deepen the understanding of the evolution and functions of the plant microbiota as well as its interface with the plant innate immune system.
- Applicant must be creative and motivated with a PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics or related field.
- Applicant must be proficient in the use of Linux/Unix and have proven experience in scripting and software development (e.g. Python, C/C++, Java, R).
- Applicant must have hands-on experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data is desired.
- Applicant must be able to work in an environment at the interface of biology and computer sciences.
- Applicant must possess good communication skills.
Duration: 2 years; possibility of extension
Starting date: available immediately.
Remunerations: Salary and benefits are in accordance with public service regulation (TvöD).
Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter
- List of publications
- Name of at least one academic referee
- All material to be combined as a single PDF and sent via e-mail to the Departmental Office: Jutta Weinand (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be held on 27 February 2018.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ)|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||9 February 2018|