The Centre for Water and Landscape Dynamics, Fenner School of Environment & Society at Australian National University (ANU) are seeking several enthusiastic and talented postdoctoral fellows to join our research team for 2 year and 3 year fixed term contracts.
- Developing multi-sensor data-fusion methods for precipitation analysis and nowcasting;
- Hydrological modelling and forecasting of soil moisture and vegetation condition;
- Combining satellite remote sensing and airborne LiDAR to predict floodplain and wetland hydrodynamics;
- Derivation of vegetation properties from satellite remote sensing and LiDAR for environmental condition and fire risk assessment.
- All projects use a varying combination of biophysical modelling and airborne and satellite observation to develop science and technology that can support future information services.
- The research partners include the Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia, and State and Territory agencies responsible for water, fire and environmental management.
- Applicants must hold PhD (or awarding of a PhD within six months of appointment commencement) in Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, Remote Sensing, or equivalent qualifications and experience in a related area, with a track record of independent research in the field of spatial environmental modelling and/or remote sensing as evidenced by publications in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- Evidence of experience that is relevant to spatial research in some or all of the following areas: environmental remote sensing; spatial hydrological or land surface modelling; or airborne LiDAR analysis.
- Specific research experience in practical management applications for information on precipitation, hydrology, bushfire risk or ecosystem condition would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Strong computational skills using interpreted or compilable languages.
- Familiarity with scaling analysis to HPC environments, shell scripting and processing geospatial data in a variety of vector and raster formats would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively.
Apply online and upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing each selection criteria, please indicate in application which level he/she is applying for.
- Current CVwhich includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
- Other documents, if required.
Job no: 535001
|Organization||Australian National University (ANU)|
|Subject areas||Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, Remote Sensing|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||12 Feb 2020|