HPC Architecture and Application Research Center is part of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing at the University of Zagreb has multiple research positions. The Center is looking for researchers with a minimum of Master’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering to be hired at several positions.
- EPI – European Processor Initiative: a strategically important EU-funded project, with the goal of developing a new processor for future exascale HPC and other domains. The project gathers 27 partners from the leading research institutions of the EU and industrial partners. It is a unique opportunity for young researchers to work on shaping the future HPC processor and the entire computing stack.
- MEEP – MareNostrum Experimental Exascale Platform: MEEP aims to create a state-of-art emulation and software development platform for exascale systems based on European technology, that supports the development of new and reusable IP targeting FPGAs and eventually, ASICs. MEEP will be of size and scale that goes far beyond normal academic or industrial prototyping platforms, enabling chips and system emulation. It will be of sufficient scale to emulate a meaningful fraction of the HPC environment.
- HCSCA – Heterogeneous Computing Systems with Customizable Accelerators: a project conducted with our partners from Switzerland, at the ETH Zürich, with the goal of developing high-performance low-power heterogeneous computing systems, consisting of general-purpose RISC-V CPU and domain-specific accelerators for video-processing, deep learning, crypto-processing.
- Applicant must have a master’s level degree corresponding to at least 240 higher education credits in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or in a related field with a good foundation in computer architecture.
- Candidates are expected to have communication skills in English (written and spoken) to be at least at B2/C1.
Send applications to email@example.com including CV (link or a one-pager) and a short note explaining ideas, motivation and expectations.
|Organization||University of Zagreb|
|Fellowship Level||Research position|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Computer Engineering|
|Deadline||Oct. 21, 2020|