National Centre for Radio Astrophysics – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR): Applications are accepted throughout the year, but are processed every few months. Three separate categories of faculty positions currently exist. These are:
- Faculty positions: Astronomy
- Faculty positions: Observatory Support
- Faculty positions: Technology Development
Faculty positions in Astronomy
Applicants from areas of astronomy having potential synergies with research activities at NCRA are also encouraged to apply.
Faculty positions (Observatory Support)
- Applicants must hold Doctorate in physics, astronomy or a related subject
- Applicant must have good understanding of radio telescopes and instrumentation, and significant experience in handling radio astronomical data.
Faculty positions (Technology Development)
- Applicants must hold PhD and an excellent track record in developing technology (e.g. instruments/software/algorithms) relevant to radio astronomy.
- Selected faculty members are expected to spend about 50% of their time on research and the remaining 50% on support-related activities.
- Candidate is also expected to support in the development of instrumentation, algorithms and/or software for NCRA facilities, teaching of graduate courses, telescope commissioning and debugging activities, etc.
- Entry-level faculty members (those joining after a few years of postdoc research): INR 15,600-39,100 (about INR 76000/-per month).
- Faculty members are also entitled to on-campus housing
- Health care benefits
- Applicants with appropriate experience can be considered for higher levels with a higher salary.
- Medical coverage for the staff member and immediate family.
- Retirement and pension benefits.
- Medical leave, vacation leave, maternity and paternity leave.
- On-campus housing, subject to availability, or HRA
- Leave encashment.
Applications must include:
- Research plan
- Proposed contributions to support activities
- Names of 3 or more referees, and must be sent by e-mail to the Centre Director, NCRA-TIFR, at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant must specify clearly in the application for which faculty position he/she is applying.
National Centre for Radio Astrophysics – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
|Subject areas||Astronomy, Instrumentation, Physics|
|Fellowship amount||Approx. INR 76000/-per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
For Further Details: Click
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 23 Jobs
- Address India