Applications are invited from Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATEJ-2018 qualified candidates for filling up of Nine (09) posts of Scientist ‘B’ (Group *A’ Gazetted) in the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), on direct recruitment basis. The brief details of the posts are as under:
DETAILS OF THE POST AND MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Scale of Pay Pay Level 10 (PB-3.Rs.15600-39100/-+ Grade Pay Rs.5400/-) (Pre- Revised)
Master’s degree in Natural or Agricultural, Science or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technology or Medicine from of a recognized university or institute
Chemical (CH), Electronic & Communication (RC), Electrical (EE) Mechanical (ME), Engineering Science (XE)
No. of Posts 09
UR: 05, OBC 01, SC 02, ST 01
*One post is reserved for person with disability
Only (those candidates who have scored following minimum marks in GATE, 2018 are eligible to apply:
|Category||Minimum GATE Marks (out of 100)|
Not exceeding 35 years, which is relexable upto 5 years for Government servants and candidates belonging to SC/ST categories and 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC(NCL) category. In case of persons with disabilities, age relaxation of further 10 years is admissible in addition to age relaxation admissible to candidates of SC/ST/OBC(NCL) category.
The selection process will comprise of the following:
- GATE – 2018: The desirous and eligible candidates having the essential qualification for the advertised posts should have appeared in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 as indicated in Para 1.1 above and declared qualified by the GATE-2018 authorities.
- The GATE – 2018 Marks in the subject mentioned against the posts will be considered by MNRE for shortlisting the candidates for the further selection process of Personal Interview as per the criteria decided by MNRE.
- The final merit list shall be prepared based on the weightages assigned to various parameters as
|Weightage of GATE-2018 Marks||50 Marks|
- Application Procedure
- In order to be selected, candidates are required to qualify in the GATE-2018 and thereafter again in the interview separately in addition to fulfilling qualification criteria. To qualify’ in the Interview, General candidates are required to score minimum 30 marks out of 50, OBC candidates are required to score minimum 25 marks out of 50 & SOST/PwD candidates are required to score a minimum of 20 marks out of 50 marks in Interview.
- In case the total marks (weightage of GATE Marks + Interview) for final selection are same then candidate with higher GATE Score will be considered and if GATE Scores are same, then the one older in age will be considered for selection.
- Applications received after the closing date or received incomplete in any respect are liable to be summarily rejected. MNRE shall not be responsible for any delay on the part of postal department for delivery of application even if posted before the last date. No representation against such rejection will be entertained.
- Completed applications in all respects including photocopies of relevant documents/certificates should be sent to Under Secretary (Administration), Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Block No. 14, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003, by Registered Post or through Speed Post in
a cover superscribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SCIENTIST ‘B”‘ within a period of 30 days of date of publication.