Nippon Foundation Fellowship: United Nations
The United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship program offers Government officials and other mid-level professionals from developing States with advanced training in the field of ocean affairs and the law of the sea, as well as related disciplines, including marine science.
The Fellowship, includes travel, stipend payments, visas, medical clearance, insurance, and housing
The Nine (09) month Fellowship Program is composed of two successive phases which provide Fellows with advanced and customized research and training opportunities in their chose fields:
- Phase I: three months of Research and Training, which is undertaken between March/April and June at DOALOS (United Nations Headquarters in New York).
- Phase II: six months of Advanced Academic Research and Study, which is normally undertaken between July and December at one of the prestigious participating Host Institutions.
The requirements of the Fellowship Program are:
- A 100-page written thesis
- A presentation of the research
- An ocean governance matrix
Candidates wishing to be considered for a Fellowship award must ensure that they meet all the following criteria:
- Age between the ages of 25 and 40;
- Successfully completed a first university degree,
- Demonstrate a capacity to undertake independent advanced academic research and study;
- Must be a mid-level professional from a national government organ of a developing State, or another governmental or non-governmental agency in such a State
- Marine sciences and the science-policy linkage.
- “Nomination and Recommendation Form” should be completed by a Government official or other official who can attest to the nature of your work with respect to the Government’s ocean affairs and the law of sea-related activities.
- Your proposed research and study program should contribute directly to your nation’s formulation and implementation of ocean affairs and the law of the sea policies and programs.
Open call: Applications for the 2022 Fellowship Program is open until 24 September 2021.
|Level||Government officials and Other mid-level professionals|
|Subject areas||Marine Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||24 September 2021|