Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is pleased to offer opportunities in School of Science and Technology. University offers a 5 year Research Fellow contract, to be followed by transfer to a permanent lectureship. NTU is keen to appeal exceptional researchers in a range of specialisms to join the community as Independent Research Fellows.
NTU calls applications from brilliant UK based or international candidates with a background of high impact research, an accelerating research path, and a pledge to the academic effort of the University.
Subject areas of the Independent Research Fellowship Scheme:
- Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Human Disease
- Chemistry at the Biological Interface
- Functional Materials
- Cognitive Robotics for Health and Wellbeing
- Affective Computing
- Microbiology and Infection
- Biomedical Mathematics
- Materials Physics
- Big Data Analytics in Medical Diagnostics and Therapeutics
- Musculoskeletal Physiology or Biology
- Paediatric Exercise Physiology
Note: applicants will be expected to visit the University in order to discuss their proposed research plans.
- Prospective applicant must send a ‘draft’ CV to the named contact person (by e-mail) to affirm an interest in a fellowship.
- CVs must not be loaded onto the online submission system at this stage.
- Contact person invites the probable candidate to meet the project team at NTU if judged suitable.
- Potential candidate visits the project team at NTU to discuss research and career plans; for applicants from outside UK, it may be possible to arrange a Skype discussion.
- Potential candidate then submits a 5 year research plan plus a final CV via the online submission system.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a formal interview.
For initial informal enquiries:
- Professor Martin McGinnity, Dean of School (email@example.com)
- Professor Ellen Billett, School Research Co-coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For specific enquiries:
- Dr Alan McNally, Reader in Microbial Genomics (email@example.com)
|Organization||Nottingham Trent University (NTU)|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||20 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click