Ph.D. scholarship in the field of Nanofluidic Characterization of Biological Nanoparticles, DTU Health Tech.
A fully funded three-year doctoral fellowship is available at DTU Health Tech in the group Nanofluidics and Bioimaging.
Funding: The scholarship is supported by the Novo Nordisk Foundation NERD 2021 program awarded to Associate Professor and group leader Rodolphe Marie.
Supervisors: Associate Professor Rodolphe Marie at DTU Health Tech and co-supervised by Associate Professor Jonas Nyvold Pedersen (DTU Health Tech).
- The ‘Nanofluidics and Bioimaging’ group, works on a unique platform for the purification and characterization of biological nanoparticles.
- The laboratory combines micro-and nanofluidics with fluorescence microscopy for applications within diagnostics.
- Exosomes are micro- or nanoscopic particles composed of many different biomolecules. They are found in liquid biopsies and due to their cellular origin, they are interesting targets for powerful diagnostics tools.
- The laboratory developed a nanofluidics trap that can trap and characterize nanoparticles, and we demonstrated it on exosomes.
The vision for this Ph.D. project is to develop the technology for diagnostic applications.
In this project, the candidate will work with designing and applying micro-and nanofluidics devices that can isolate nanoparticles from complex biological fluids. The selected candidate will primarily focus on experiments that combine micro and nanofluidics with optical microscopy.
Qualifications & Requirements
We expect that you:
- Responsible for designing micro-and nanofluidic devices based on your understanding of the physics of fluids.
- Responsible for the micro and nanofabrication of the devices.
- Performing experimental work with micro-and nanofluidic devices.
- Work with laser optics, fluorescence microscopy, quantitative biophysics measurement of single fluorophores and nanoparticles.
- Apply data analysis methods to your microscopy data.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Good collaborative skills.
Note: The earliest starting date is 1 January 2022.
|Organization||DTU Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Nanotechnology (Nanofluidics and Bioimaging)|
|Salary||As per Norms|
|Deadline||1st November 2021|