Ph.D. Scholarship in Micro/Nanomaterials Reinforcement: DTU, Denmark
Ph.D. Scholarship in Micro/Nanomaterials Reinforcement in Cementitious Matrix for 3D Printed Construction at the DTU Mechanical Eng (Technical University of Denmark).
The Section for Manufacturing Engineering at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, DTU, performs research based on a multi-disciplinary use of process technology, materials science, solid and fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics in the analysis, modeling, and development of manufacturing processes.
Field of Research: “Development of Sustainable Materials for Construction 3D Printing”.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all findings.
- To ensure the validity and reliability of data at all times.
- To write progress reports and prepare results for publication and dissemination via journals, presentations, and the web.
- To take initiatives in the planning of research.
- To collaborate closely with leading European research partners.
- To work within and for a wider research project requiring deliveries of modular and tightly connected project tasks.
- Sc. in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical engineering or Materials Science and Engineering.
- Familiarity with the state of the art materials characterization techniques
- Expected to have experience with experimental lab work and construction materials as well as expertise in one or more of these areas:
- 3D-printing technology.
- Knowledge of inorganic chemistry.
- Cementitious materials.
- You have good communication skills in English, both written and spoken, and provide evidence of your English language skills (for ex., TOEFL or IELTS).
Fellowship and Duration: The fellowship will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is for three years. This position is funded by VILLUM Foundation Young Investigator Program.
How to Apply
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 1 September 2021.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file should include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- A brief description of your own research activities and ideas for future research in this field (max 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two-three recommendation letters or academic referees contact details
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
|Organization||Technical University Of Denmark (DTU).|
Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical engineering or Materials Science and Engineering
|Fellowship amount||As per University norms|
Open for International Students
|Deadline||1 September 2021|