PhD AMOPP Studentship: University College London (UCL)
PhD AMOPP Studentship – Strong-Field and Attosecond Physics at the UCL Physics and Astronomy (University College London (UCL).
Reference Number: 1874122
Duration: 3.5 years
Fellowship: £17,285 / Annum
A 3.5 year PhD position is available from 1 October 2021 (or sooner) to work under the supervision of Professor Carla Figueira de Morisson Faria.
The departmental studentship is linked to the EPSRC funded grant AQuA DIP: Advanced Quantum Approaches to Double Ionisation Processes. The selected student will be involved in the development of novel analytical and numerical approaches suitable for correlated multielectron systems in intense laser fields, which will be applied to ultrafast photoelectron holography and laser-induced nonsequential double ionization. This involves extending the UCL developed Coulomb Quantum Orbit Strong-Field Approximation (CQSFA) to systems with more than one active electron, with emphasis on quantum interference.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Should expect to achieve a 1 or 2.1 MSci degree in Physics or a related area.
- Former experience with programming languages and/or symbolic packages and research experience are desirable.
- Candidates should also have excellent written and verbal communication.
The start date is October 2021 (or sooner).
The studentship will cover all university fees and includes funds for maintenance at the standard UK rate and for participation in international conferences and workshops.
If you have any queries about this studentship, please contact Professor Carla Faria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please submit applications in the following format:
- CV, including full details of all University course grades to date.
- Contact details for two academic or professional referees (at least one academic).
- A personal statement (750 words maximum) outlining
- your suitability for the project with reference to the criteria in the person specification,
- what you hope to achieve from the PhD
- your research experience to-date.
Please include a contact telephone number and an email address where you can be easily reached. References will be taken up for all short-listed candidates.
Studentship Start Date: 1 October 2021
Closing Date: 30 Apr 2021
|Organization||University College London (UCL)|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||As per Uni. rules|
|Eligibility||EU, non EU, UK students|
|Last Date||30 Apr 2021|