The Ernst Strüngmann Institute has multiple Postdocs and PhDs (m/f/d) openings for experimental projects in marmoset at laboratory of Dr. Martin Vinck.
About the project:
- The selected candidate will study predictive processing in the visual system, test new models of object recognition, and the contribution of different cell types to neural coding.
- Data will be collected with chronic, high-density silicon probes including wireless recordings during (freely moving) natural behavior (using the eCube white matter system). A part of the project involves optogenetics.
- Additional training in high-density electrophysiology can be acquired by participation in projects in mice.
- Candidates must have background and experience in biology or medicine and behavioral training and electrophysiology.
How to apply:
All application material to be sent to Martin Vinck at email@example.com (in electronic form (PDF format) and applications should contain the following materials:
- Letter of intent
- A detailed CV
- Lists of university courses completed with marks obtained
- Names of at least two scientists who can give references (or at least two reference letters)
|Organization||Ernst Strüngmann Institute|
|Subject areas||Neuroscience, Biology, Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||until positions are filled|