The research carried out at the institute is highly interdisciplinary, due to the fact that the faculty houses different domains like biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, bioinformatics, biomarker discovery and clinical research. With various projects under consideration involving the field of biochemistry and clinical healthcare, one regular 3- year PhD position is available with fellowship.
Hypertension Care: Optimizing framework of diagnosis, treatment and prevention for medical care and drug delivery system in women and unborn children, metaanalysis
- A completed MSc degree in the field of clinical or nonclinical biochemistry, biology, health care analytics, clinical or statistical modeling for clinical health care research and drug delivery (any two or more domains).
- Good social skills and experience working with human participants (preferable, not required).
- Good skills in data analysis.
- Good command in English language and good English writing skills.
Good communication and presentation skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international team. Chitkara University is located in the Province of Punjab near Rajpura district and is one of the most prestigious higher education Research Institutions in India with over 12000 students including international students. Immensely supporting the research and innovation in health care sector, Chitkara University Research and Innovation Network (CURIN) has been established to support highly integrated domains of research.
Our research group focuses on study of hypertension care (in relation to pregnancy, cardiac, diabetes, obesity and renal diseases) of women and unborn children and optimizing personalized approach to achieve the best response rates with the minimal toxicity.
The candidate should
- conduct high-quality education and multidisciplinary research on how markers will be assigned to various therapeutic interventions, genetic markers and drugs
- optimize the design of combinatorial therapies to achieve the best response rates with minimal toxicity for a personalized approach for therapeutic, prevention and management of hypertension among women and unborn children
- create opportunities for interdisciplinary research collaboration across multiple disciplines at the local, national, and international level. The PhD candidate will review and meta-analyze existing knowledge based data to identify most effective and cost-effective hypertension prevention and management strategies.
- The candidate will take an initiative in collaborating with clinicians and assess hypertension patients to develop an integrative database to establish a composite score to assess the influence of personalized approach towards hypertension care. The PhD student will work on harmonization of data collection and assessment methods across statistical analysis and methods
For additional information and to send your resumes please contact:
Dr. Varsha Singh e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org