The Energy Informatics group at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo (UiO), has a PhD position available within the framework of Energy Intelligence, in particular, on the intersection of Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), focusing on energy efficiency and sustainability aspects. The position is fully funded by the Department of Informatics for 3 years. The starting date for the position is negotiable, but we prefer commencing employment not later than January 2021.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with a Master Thesis in the Master’s degree program. Foreign completed degree (M.Sc.-level) corresponding to a minimum of four years in the Norwegian educational system
- Applicant must have documented significant Knowledge/Research Background on optimization and Machine Learning/Deep Learning.
- Applicant must have documented some Knowledge on green communications and computing and must have very good programming competence in Python, Java, C/C++ or equivalent.
- Applicant should also possess good interpersonal and communication skills and show high level of motivation to work as part of an international team.
- Applicant must possess fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to apply
Apply online and the application must include:
- A cover letter (one page) explaining the candidate’s background, qualifications, motivation for the position, and how/why the candidate is qualified for the position
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions and academic or industrial work experience, scientific publications)
- Copies of the original Bachelor and Master’s degree diploma, transcripts of records
- A copy of Master thesis
- Documentation of English proficiency
- Contact information (Name, relation to candidate, email and telephone number) of two-three references, including the Master supervisor(s)
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Subject areas||Electrical Engineering, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||20th October 2020|