The Delft Center for Systems and Control (DCSC) of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft). The Netherlands is seeking qualified candidates for a four-year PhD position within the research area of control of evasive manoeuvres for automated driving.
- Automated Driving is a promising but also challenging area of innovation in the automotive industry. Despite the recent advances in deep learning for automated driving, hazardous driving scenarios such as evasive manoeuvres are “edge cases” where learning methods are less effective because representative data are statistically rare.
- In this project we will tackle these edge cases by means of an integrated physics plus data-driven learning approach, especially exploiting recent advances in tyre/road
- sensing technology to gain real-time information on vehicle states (e.g. tyre forces) and road conditions.
- The ultimate goal of the project is to develop novel adaptive and pro-active control and robust trajectory planning approaches that can deal with such variable and non-nominal vehicle/road conditions
The position is motivated by a challenging practical problem, yet it requires a strong control-theory approach.
- We are looking for a applicants with an MSc degree in Systems and Control,
- Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related discipline, with a strong background in model-based control, adaptive control, hybrid systems, and/or machine learning.
- The applicants is expected to work on the boundary of several research domains. A good command of the English language is required.
How to apply
- Applicants should submit their application along with a detailed curriculum vitae, an introduction letter indicating their background and how it aligns with the position , their BSc and MSc course programs and the corresponding marks, title and abstract of their
- MSc thesis, contact information for at least two academic references and all other information that might be relevant to their application, compiled into a single pdf file send, by email to application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
- For information about this vacancy, you can contact prof. Bart De Schutter, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and prof. Simone Baldi, email: email@example.com.
|Organization||Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)|
|Type of position||PhD position|
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering|