The Department of Developmental, Personality and Social Psychology at Ghent University are looking for a full-time PhD student as part of an ERC-funded project (Outside-In: How Bullying in Adolescence Gets Into The Mind and Under the Skin; ERC-2019-STG- 853517). The overall aim of this project is to examine the emotional and biological mechanisms linking bullying victimization to health outcomes in adolescence.
About the project:
- This ERC project aims to address this fundamental gap by examining:
- how exposure to bullying may alter psychological (e.g., emotional) and biological (e.g., HPA-axis) processes among adolescents in real-time in their real-life, using the experience sampling method
- the extent to which bullying influences gene expression processes resulting in a gene expression profile characterized by enhanced pro-inflammatory activity, that increases risk for health problems.
- Applicant must hold appropriate degree (preferably a research master) in Psychology or a related discipline. The degree requirements must be fulfilled at the start of the job appointment
- Prior research experience (e.g., involvement in data collection)
- Evidence of excellent research and communication skills
- High proficiency in both English and Dutch (oral and written)
- Highly motivated, inquisitive and passionate about research, strongly interested in the research topic, well organized, who like to work in a team, and possess excellent cooperative skills
- Experience with collecting intensive longitudinal data (e.g., daily diary data, experience sampling data) and knowledge about analysing this type of data, or other complex nested data (e.g., multilevel data), is desirable (however, note that eagerness and an excellent predisposition to learn how to work with these data is a basic requirement).
How to apply:
Applications should be sent via email directly to Matteo Giletta (firstname.lastname@example.org), with email subject “PhD position ERC-2019-STG- 853517” including:
- A detailed CV, including an overview of study results (grades)
- A motivation letter (maximum two pages, double-spaced, font 12)
- Contact information of (at least) two (academic) referees
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Jun 15, 2021|